Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kroger Pepperoni



I don't typically buy pepperoni. I mean, what would I do with it?! This week's line-up calls for it, so I bought some. Unless you go to a specialty store to buy your pepperoni, you'll likely buy something like this Kroger/Ralph brand.

Not that there's anything wrong with it: it's pepperoni.


Ingredient statement lists:
pork and beef, salt, spices, dextrose, lactic acid, starter culture, oleoresin of paprika, flavorings, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrate, BHA, BHT, citric acid.

Sounds good, right? Yeah, so maybe not the nitrate, BHA and BHT all of which are antioxidants that may cause cancer, but who wants to risk rancid fat in their pepperoni? Besides, pepperoni tastes good. I know because I already ate some. The bag has a zip-lock for a reason.

Kroger pepperoni in a 3-oz bag available at Ralph's for $2.


0 comments: