Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Cost of Take-Out Lunch, Week Ending 092410

This week was a little bit extraordinary in that I was forced to eat out a lot. I use the word "forced" a little loosely.
  • Monday: Sushi Plantation, Rainbow Roll for me and something else for the boss with two sodas: $26.69+$6 toke: $32.69 (and totally worth it -- it was fantastic!) after hitting balls at the driving range
    • Normally I don't do any sort of review on the places where I have lunch, but I have to say, Sushi Plantation totally rocked. The link above will take you to their outdated website, but they don't need to update it. Folks were packed in there at 12:30; we were lucky to get seating. With a small sushi bar and limited table-seating -- the place is, well, cramped. And the women's bathroom had only one bulb of at least 8 in the track functional. However, the service was exceptional and quick, waitstaff realizing a lunch hour is short; the food delicious and fresh (two chefs behind the bar); and Coca-Cola is available via fountain poured over nice ice. In a word: perfection. Their rolls have neat names that cracked me up too.
  • Tuesday: Pizza Pasta Bake
  • Wednesday: Pizza Pasta Bake
  • Thursday: Siamese Express, #51 with pork, which includes thin wide noodles, peppers and pork, $10
  • Friday: Baby Shower at work, $45 for Costco pizza, which I hope to recoup a majority of the cost
Total: $87.69. That brings the grand total for lunches out to $702.02 for the year.

0 comments: