Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sadaf Brand Lentils


I bought these lentils thinking I'd make a quiche. Then I decided I didn't want to make an egg pie as I figured I'd wind up eating it over a few days. Let me know if I'm wrong in that quiche is not as appetizing warmed up 4 days later, especially if one were to eat it daily.

I've never purchased lentils nor have I ever prepared anything utilizing lentils. I like lentils though, so I'm excited.

And when looking up "lentil" to find out what the heck they actually are, I found they are a legume (grow in pods), which is not surprising as they look like small flattened peas. Get this though: after soybeans and hemp, lentils have the highest amount of protein in plants! Thank Wiki!

So excited about lentils, I'm going to include a "legume" label on this blog.

Sadaf lentils, available in a 1.5 lb zip-locking bag from the "ethnic" aisle of Ralph's for $3.29/1.5 lbs.

0 comments: