Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update on Hazards of Cooking with Cast Iron


Day two, some blisters are bigger (noticeably larger is the one below the fat of my thumb), and some get smaller (the one to the far left, on the fat of my palm). The two blisters on the fat palm pad below the thumb seem to be consistent but maybe a little bit more defined.

As I post-date my posts, I can tell you right now that the blisters, without any poking, diminished in size to result in simple pockets of loose skin within a week. At that point, I couldn't help but scratching and picking at them, removing sheets of skin and exposing fresh flesh. And that healed up within a day or two.

No major damage. I think I could pick up a 500°F skillet bare-handed with minimal issues now.

Ok, maybe that's pushing it. 350°F skillets though, most definitely.

0 comments: