Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Food Plan and Grocery List, 031712

Last week I was quite ambitious with the food plan. So much so that I ate like a hog and didn't even have time to make everything in the plan! And then this week I went ahead and decided to corn my own brisket for St. Patrick's day not realizing until last night that it takes up to two weeks. That's probably a good thing.

I'm back to the plan of using what's in my freezer. This week that means drumsticks. Scouring my magazines for drumstick recipes, I came up with this meal. The pie I mentioned last week is going to have to wait.

The line-up:
  • Balsamic-Maple Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
  • Sweet Potato Cottage Fries
  • Steamed Broccoli with Fennel Garlic Dressing
  • Maple-Apple Pudding Cake

Smart & Final:
  • First Street apple juice: $2.19/2L
  • Frist Street baking soda: $0.59
  • glassine baking cups: $5.69/pack of 500
  • broccoli crowns: $1.80/2.36 lb
  • sweet potatoes: $3.04/~2 lb

TOTAL: $13.75
Total for the year: $541.35


0 comments: