Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kirkland Walnut Halves and Pieces



Having used the last of my walnut stores in the pie, I needed some more for a pesto. Nuts keep very well in the freezer, so there's no shame in getting nuts from Costco where everything is bigger.

Look, a serving of walnuts has about as much fiber as prunes. More confirmation that prunes have been typecast.
 

If you didn't know, studies have shown nuts to be heart healthy. Of course, this isn't proven, so do what you think is best. Sort of like how many years ago margarine was supposed to be better for you than butter. People ate that junk even though it was like eating plastic and then years later new studies showed that well, maybe butter's not as horrifying as once thought. Surprisingly, people still eat margarine, which I just don't understand. Again, do what you want, I won't argue with you unless you want me to.


These walnut halves and pieces are really great. It's been a while since I just grabbed some and started munching on them.


Kirkland walnut halves and pieces, 3-pound bags available in the baking aisle of your Costco for $16.79.


0 comments: