Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Nature's Harvest Turkish Sun-Dried Apricots



Larousse Gastronomique, 1984, briefly on dried apricots:
"Those from Turkey, which are the best, are dark orange with a muscatel flavour."


And what, I wonder, is "muscatel" flavour? And so I looked it up in the same tome.
"Muscatel: one of the great white grapes of the wine world, available in various forms."


If you look closely at the image above you can see that the sun didn't dry out all of the sweet moisture. That moisture is sticky. And this time when I say sticky, I do mean like a three-year-old's fingers in your hair sticky.

The quantity turned out to be a little shy of the two cups I need for the next chicken recipe. But I can't remember if this is before or after I snacked on some.


Nature's Harvest Turkish sun-dried apricots, available at Grower's Direct in a 12 oz package for $2.49.


0 comments: