Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vic Firth French Pin



This is the third rolling pin I've purchased. The first one was a really great one I picked up from Meijer back in the mid-90's (and they don't carry any that look like the bad-ass one I had), but I ruined the stainless internals by using the pin as a mallet too many times. Looking back on it, I should've kept it and checked to see if I could get it repaired.


The second one was purchased from the kitchen tools section of Ralph's out of pure desperation for a homemade holiday pie. It was the last one available, came with a crack in the crummy wood, and cost $5.99. The internals were made of plastic and didn't take long for me to break by using like a rolling pin.


This one is extremely lightweight and is made only of maple from Maine. I didn't even care if it makes perfect circles, though it does make it really easy once you get used to the tapers. I just wanted something to last if I treated it like a rolling pin instead of a meat mallet of peppercorn crusher. I think it will.

Vic Firth French pins available at Williams Sonoma for $14.95; $16.11 out the door.


0 comments: