Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

F. Dick Honing Steel


I don't know why I didn't pick up a honing steel when I bought the chef's knife in February. A trip back to Chef's Toys to drop off my paring knives fixed that.


I didn't know what the heck I was looking for. What's the difference between one hone and another? I picked this one based on feel. That's a sturdy handle, I tell you what.


Turns out, some people prefer oval over round. Some like superfine cut over fine cut and some people like course. Some will also spend $300 on steel. I'm not one of them. Regardless, F. Dick has you covered.


This is what the superfine oval steel looks like on my kitchen counter. I'm mesmerized.


I am not sure, but I think I'm using it correctly.

F. Dick fine cut oval honing steel, all 6 lbs., available at Chef's Toys for about $80. Looking for it by part number, I see you can get good deals online. Isn't that always the case?


0 comments: