Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Morton Ice Cream Salt



Since I tried the last ice cream recipe, I realized that I should try ice cream again but with an ice cream maker. After borrowing one, I went on a hunt for rock salt, also known as ice cream salt.

A few stores later, I realized I somehow passed over a bunch of boxes of the stuff. My Michigan upbringing made me think this would be in a giant bag since rock salt is perfectly handy in freezing winters and blazing hot summers.


Of the suggestions, this is the one I was looking for.


Peeling back a portion of the cardboard, I saw the huge chunks of salt and began pouring/shaking/coercing the salt out of the little hole.


Let's make some ice cream.


Morton Ice Cream Salt available in the baking aisle among the other salts at Ralph's for $2.29 a 4-lb box.

0 comments: