Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

McDonald's Angus Third Pounder

Poor planning and laziness then desperation led us to pick up McDonald's. Paprika-Spiced Chicken was not going to happen since the thighs were frozen solid (no foresight on my part in that respect) and the Tequila Shrimp would require too much time for deveining (screaming laziness right there).

We tried a bunch of different places to find they were closed causing me to think that I should've just deveined the friggin' shrimp. The thought of having Alejandro's was not doing much for me. Rather than driving across town, we settled on this.


It looks similar to the Carl's Six Dollar burger, doesn't it? Sesame seed bun, red onions, tomato, lettuce, cheese, beef, globs of mayo and the classic McD pickles (at least they're not sweet).



But it's not a Carl's burger. The patty, though pre-cook weight is 1/3 lb, is much smaller, less juicy and thus less flavorful than Carl's. It fits almost perfectly on the standard issue McDonald's-flavored bun, shy of crossing bun edge-to-edge. Lettuce was skimpy, though it wasn't iceburg (which is a lesson Carl's could take home). One tomato slice? Onions were plentiful, which is not a good thing in my book; some good, too much is not. The McDonald's burger didn't have too many mayo globs, it just looked like it. The aim of the mayo shooter was off and needs calibration.

Overall, a very McDonald's tasting burger, loaded with McDonald's essence. Better than their regular hamburgers, but still, a McDonald's burger.

The next time I visit McDonald's far into the future, it will be the Sausage McMuffin with Egg that satisfies my piehole with it's juicy/greasy sausage patty, chewy yet crispy muffin, perfectly cooked egg and melted American cheese. That Sausage McMuffin with Egg, always a winner to me, must be formulated with crack because though one does the job making me full, my mind begs for more.

0 comments: