Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chronic Tacos



A couple years or so ago, Rodney ate Mexican from a place called Chronic Tacos while at work and proceeded to tell me about it's goodness. It hadn't worked out that we'd go there for me to try it until tonight.

We'd already gorged on Mexican take-out just less than a week ago so I was hesitant, but after a tiny bit of urging, I caved. What can I say other than I'm a sucker for some Mexican food? And Rodney had only good things to say about this Chronic Tacos place.

I perused Chronic Tacos menu online and found that al pastor was to be had! Away we went to this location next to a 24-hour donut shop over in Newport Beach. Now I know where to send Rodney the next time I get a craving for a donut late-nite! Ok, so that never happens.  But if it does...


Arriving home, I happily pulled my foil-wrapped burrito al pastor from the plastic bag along with a pile of napkins.


Unwrapping the burrito from it's foil, I found it wrapped in paper. By this time, Rodney had already devoured half of his carnitas burrito.


Unwrapping the paper left my unknowing burrito exposed.


I took a bite, allowing a slight view of pork among the cheese, lettuce and Spanish rice, all incorporated per my request.


And I took another bite, exposing more tomato and lettuce plus some black bean, recommended by the Chronic Taco guy behind the counter.


If you want to see more of a burrito al pastor from Chronic Tacos, you'll have to get one yourself.


Let me just say this: way better than the likes of places like Chipotle, while the lay-out of the food "bar" and topping selection is very similar. And neither Chipotle or Alejandro's have al pastor!

Cost:

  • carnitas burrito
  • al pastor burrito
Total: Rodney says about 12 or 13 bucks OTD.

0 comments: