Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Carnation Evaporated Milk



Because everything is just bigger at Costco, I wound up with this 12-pack when I crossed off evaporated milk from my grocery list. Well really, I wound up with this 12-pack because I completely forgot about trying to make my own.

This is the "other brand" I was talking about it in my last post about evaporated milk.


The label even says "Carnation evaporated milk is fresh, nutritious milk from which half the water has been removed." That should be easy to do, right?


The label also says other things such as is  "like all milk, Carnation is GLUTEN FREE" and "shake well before use" and most important, "use an equal amount of Carnation in place of whole milk or half-and-half for rich and creamy results".


Carnation evaporated milk, available in the baking aisle at Costco for $10.55 a 12-pack, making each 12-oz can about $0.88.

0 comments: