Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk



Plans of a sort of "Baking Gone Wild" over the next couple of months to use up my pumpkin, it only made sense that I should buy a six-pack of sweetened condensed milk. I'll probably, or hopefully, put it to good use and it will be an economical investment.


Made of milk and sugar, this stuff has got to be completely delicious. I know I could eat the other brands straight out of the can when I was younger. When I was really young I had to play it like, "oops, some more got on my finger" or "whoops, I should wipe that from the side of the can with my finger so it doesn't get everywhere." You know, I was slick like that.


Do you think about contamination? I do. That's why I always make it a point of cleaning the can lid before I open it. The top of the can lid always gets right there into the stuff I plan to eat and I don't want dust or traces of anyone or anything's pooh getting in there. See, what I mean?


I want to be confident I'm eating milk and sugar, no extra stuff.


La Lachera sweetened condensed milk available in the baking aisle of Costco for $7.59 a pack of six, making each 14-oz can $1.27.

0 comments: