Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Newman's Own Thin & Crispy Uncured Pepperoni Pizza



I have a weird love/hate relationship with frozen pizza. The amount of time spent in front of the freezer section debating on whether to get one was beginning to be a little lengthy.


Finally, with all that time invested, I figured I may as well just get one. And if I'm going to get one, I may as well try one that will at least benefit a charity.


The instructions are pretty standard for frozen pizza.


And there are even tips.


The pizza has enough uncured pepperoni to completely cover it, which is nice.


And the ingredients aren't even scary. They actually look pretty good.

The uncured pepperoni contain "no nitrate or nitrite added except which naturally occurs in sea salt and celery juice concentrate (pork and beef, sea salt, natural spices, evaporated cane juice, lactic acid starter culture, natural flavorings [including celery juice concentrate], oleoresin of paprika)".

The parsley bits add a little fresh-ish feeling.


Baked 10 minutes until the edges started to brown, I let the pizza stand on a cutting board and the crust went from floppy to crispy.




I'm impressed! This skinny little pizza is actually really tasty! The pepperoni is spicy, the sauce tangy, and the flat-bread-like crust crisp. It's not even exceptionally greasy. While there is supposed to be three servings in this pizza, I can honestly tell you that I polished off the majority all of it in one sitting.

My only complaint about this pizza is that there isn't enough sauce. I think I found my go-to frozen pizza.

Newman's Own Thin & Crispy Uncured Pepperoni Pizza in the frozen pizza section of Ralph's for $5.99.

0 comments: